Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Airforce Base

We were too early for Zumba so my friend J was kind enough to take me on a quick tour on base and I was amazed on how knowledgeable she is on the names of the planes.

" Yeah that's a something-something, and that's a different one, that's a something-something.", I can't even remember what the names are they all look the same to me :D.

They all are gray and they look powerful.



The sun was setting which they say is one of the best time to take photos. We drove past hangars and paved roads.

" I've driven around here myself and sometimes I'm not sure if I'm even supposed to be where I was. Sometimes you can't tell if it's the runway from the road.", my friend said as she expertly maneuvered her big truck on the road.

"Well as long as you're not driving on the runway, I'm ok with that.", I found myself say and we both laughed at the idea of it.

I then heard a jet engine roar as we turned into a corner and a few seconds later I saw a one of the big big jets go airborne, gray against the orange and purple sky.It was quite a sight. It went airborne so fast, I guess it's different with commercial planes but these jets are bigger if not as big as the commercial jets.

If I could be in a commercial airline with these pilots, I know I will be in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment